Jury Field, Oldnall End

Country: England

Region (County/State / Province): Warwickshire

Website: oldnallend.uk

Contact: Kirsty Hooper

Study Description 

Oldnall End was one of the ‘Ends’ or hamlets that made up the large rural parish of Berkswell. It was located to the SW of the historic village centre, and its lanes and farmsteads are now divided between Berkswell and the modern parish of Balsall Common. The name ‘Oldnall End’ in various forms dates back to the 12th century; it survived in tax records and property transactions until the end of the 19th century, but has since been largely forgotten. This study seeks to reconstruct the story of Oldnall End, its fields and farms, and the people who inhabited it.

 

Timeframe

Before 1900.

Population

Land Tax records between 1773 and 1830 show tax paid on between 40 and 60 plots, rising over time as more land was enclosed and more properties constructed.

Social Media Links

In-Depth Report

None specified

The Society for One-Place Studies is a leading organisation dedicated to supporting One-Placers worldwide. 

Facebook Page  Twitter Profile  Instagram  YouTube  Members only Facebook Group  Pinterest

Contact Us

By email:
info@one-place-studies.org

By post:
Society for One-Place Studies,
28 St Ronan’s Avenue,
Southsea, Hampshire, PO4 0QE
United Kingdom

© The Society for One-Place Studies