|About the Study||Tetcott is a small, isolated village and parish, near the confluence of the rivers Tamar and Claw, in the far west of Devon some 5 miles to the south of Holsworthy. Situated in rolling parkland, it is unspoiled to this day by the ravages of modern development. At its hub is a splendid manor house with stables, a farm, a church and a few outbuildings clustered around them.
Holy Cross is noted in White's Devonshire (1850) as "a small ancient structure, with a tower and one bell."
|Population||In 1850, Tetcott had 300 inhabitants and 1,885 acres of land. By 1891, the number of residents had decreased to 207 and the next ten years, saw a further decline to 187.|