|About the Study||Rillington, North Yorkshire is divided into north and south sections by the A64 which runs from York to Scarborough and is located 5 miles north east of Malton.
It is a parish that historically contained the township of Rillington and the chapelry of Scampston. It was in the Buckrose Wapentake and the East Riding of Yorkshire. Ecclesiastically, both were in the archdeaconry of the East Riding and the Diocese of York. It was mentioned in the Domesday Book in 1086 as Redlinton(e) and Renliton. There is a Norman Church dedicated to St Andrew. The village was and remains predominantly an agricultural community.
The Rillington One-Place Study commenced in 2013. Transcriptions are currently being undertaken in to the census records 1841-1911, Glebe Terriers, Tithe Map and Apportionments.
|Population||Population in 1848: 800 in Rillington township and 1,051 including the chapelry of Scampston|